Farm to Pre-School
- NEW: 2018 National Farm to Early Care and Education Survey (National Farm to School Network): a new survey completed in 2018 of ECE providers across the country about current projects, motivations and challenges in applying farm to school activities in early care and education settings.
- Getting Started with Farm to Preschool (National Farm to School Network): An overview of the Farm to Preschool model connecting early childhood education to local, healthy foods
- Cultivating Joy and Wonder: Educating for Sustainability in Early Childhood
- Garden to Cafeteria (Shelburne Farms): This book is fully available for free online and includes engaging activities, lesson plans, and other resources to encourage young children to engage in local food.
- Early Sprouts Institute : A program by Keene State College that engages young children in gardening, sensory exploration, and cooking throughout the school year. Six "target vegetables" provide the focus for exploration and discovery. Visit the website for curriculum and training information!
- Farm to Early Childhood Programs: A Step By Step Guide (Michigan Farm to School):
- A detailed, easy to follow guide for educators to plan for local-food curriculum in their early childhood education programs. Includes multiple tools and worksheets to accomplish your goals and help with procurement.
- Local Procurement for Child Care Centers (National Farm to School): Fact sheet for child care centers to source local foods for children
- Local Procurement for Family Child Care Providers (National Farm to School): Another fact sheet geared towards family providers to source local foods
- Farm to Preschool Presentation: Given by the Farm to Preschool Subcommittee of the National Farm to School Network at the Farm to Cafeteria Conference in 2012, as an overview of the new Farm to Preschool national effort
- Grow It! Try It! Like It! (USDA): This is a garden-themed nutrition education kit for child care center staff that introduces children to fruits and vegetables. Each lesson plan includes hands-on activities!
- USDA Farm to Preschool: Local Food and Learning in ECC and Education Settings(USDA): This helpful fact sheet presents basic information about farm to preschool efforts, including tips and resources as well as up-to-date information on federal procurement regulations.
NH Farm to School is an initiative of:
Click here to learn more about the Sustainability Institute.
Recent Tweets Connect with Us