Food Systems & Sustainability Resources
NH and New England Resources:
- NH Food Alliance
- Farm to Institution New England: connects schools, colleges, hospitals, and other institutions to producers of locally-grown foods. FINE encourages farmers and institutional buyers to develop sustained and mutually beneficial relationships that enhance the well-being of institutions' food consumers.
- Food Solutions New England: an initiative designed to facilitate networked collaboration among the six New England states to strengthen our regional food system.
- A New England Food Vision
- MA Outdoor Volunteer Experience (theMOVE): organizes reflective farm-volunteer workdays for diverse groups throughout the Boston area, to connect folks with the social and natural systems that sustain us daily.
- American Community Gardening Association: The ACGA is a national nonprofit membership organization of professionals, volunteers and supporters of community greening in urban and rural communities.
- Center for Ecoliteracy: The Center for Ecoliteracy is dedicated to education for sustainable living by fostering a profound understanding of the natural world, grounded in direct experience.
- Discovering the Food System: an experiential learning program for young and inquiring minds.
- Food and Water Watch: Food and Water Watch advocates for sustainable, local, chemical-free, humanely-raised, and clearly labeled food and farming.
- Food Routes: The FoodRoutes Web site is a project of FoodRoutes Network (FRN). FRN is a national nonprofit organization that provides communications tools, technical support, networking and information resources to organizations nationwide that are working to rebuild local, community-based food systems. FRN is dedicated to reintroducing Americans to their food – the seeds it grows from, the farmers who produce it, and the routes that carry it from the fields to their tables.
- International Society for Ecology and Culture: The International Society for Ecology and Culture (ISEC) is a non-profit organization concerned with the protection of both biological and cultural diversity. Our emphasis is on education for action: moving beyond single issues to look at the more fundamental influences that shape our lives.
- Media That Matters Film Festival: Good Food: Media That Matters Good Food features short films with a focus on food and sustainability, and includes links to learn more.
- Share Our Strength: A national organization working to end childhood hunger in the US.
- Slow Food USA: Information on the Slow Food movement in the US.
- Sustainable Table / Eat Well Guide: Sustainable Table celebrates local sustainable food, educates consumers on food-related issues and works to build community through food.
- The Natural Step: is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to education, advisory work and research in sustainable development.