School Garden Grant Resources
Helpful Grant Lists & Directories
- American Honda Foundation--youth education; application deadlines 4 times/year ($20,000-75,000)
- Annie's Grants for Gardens--community or school gardens; rolling application cycle
- Bonnie Plants 3rd Grade Cabbage Program--free cabbage plants for 3rd graders to plant; rolling application cycle. Submit a mega-cabbage plant after growing to win $1,000!
- Captain Planet Foundation--environmentally-based education in schools; application deadlines 3 times/year (up to $2,500 in cash or materials)
- Fiskar's Project Orange Thumb--garden installation and makeover grants ($500 plus tools for the classroom)
- Green Thumb Challenge Grant - schools will submit chronicles of their garden projects. The grant is designed to support the continued sustainability of an exceptional youth garden program that has demonstrated success, and has impacted the lives of kids and their community ($500)
- High Mowing Organic Seeds-- Organic seed donation program
- Lorrie Otto Seeds for Education Grant Program--plant and maintain natural landscapes in schools and nature centers ($100-500)
- New England Grassroots Environment Fund Seed money for project focused projects ($250-7,500)
- Project Learning Tree GreenWorks Pollinator Garden Grants--offering grants to teachers and students participating in PollinatorLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure. Participating teachers can apply for GreenWorks! funding to create pollinator gardens in their schoolyard or community; rolling application cycle
- The Samull Classroom Herb Garden Grant - for elementary school classes grades 3 through 6. These grants ensure that the use of herbs in teaching elementary school students will continue for years to come.
- Walmart Store and Sam's Club Giving Programs--through the Local Community Contribution program (LCC), facilities are able to support the needs of their local communities by providing funding to organizations working to improve the lives of associates, customers and neighbors ($250-5,000)
- Whole Kids Foundation school garden grant.
NH Farm to School is an initiative of:
Click here to learn more about the Sustainability Institute.
NH Farm to School | Sustainability Institute at the University of New Hampshire | 107 Nesmith Hall | 131 Main Street | Durham, NH 03824 | 603-862-2542