National Farm to School Resources
- Bringing Local Food to Local People: A Resource Guide for Farm-to-School and Farm-to-Institution Programs: This resource guide, published by Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas, puts the experiences of others at the fingertips of farmers, food-service planners, and educators interested in starting a farm-to-school program. Resources include information about successful programs, lists of publications to guide you in starting and managing your own program, and sources of funding and technical assistance.
- Delivering More: Scaling Up Farm to School Programs: How can farm to school programs reach more students and more schools? This booklet looks at the Community Food Security Coalition's work with four farm to school programs seeking to answer this question through strategic planning related to distribution capacity.
- Fresh from the Farm: The Massachusetts Farm to School Cookbook: A cookbook written for food-service staff who are incorporating farm-fresh food into their school lunch programs. Includes 46 seasonal recipes with nutritional analysis and safety guidelines.
- Going Local: Paths to Success For Farm to School Programs: This report provides eight case studies on successful farm to school programs across the country--including New Hampshire!
- Local Food Connections: From Farms to Schools: This fact sheet discusses the ways that local farmers are connecting to Iowa schools. Fact sheets are published in cooperation with the SU Extension. (PDF: 4 pages)
- National Farm to School: The umbrella movement under which local and state initiatives are organized. Site contains information on farm to school programs across the nation, news and resources.
- Seeds of Change Healthy Fundraising Program: This website describes a seed sales fundraising programs for school gardens and Farm-to-School programs.
- Small Farms/School Meals Initiative, A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Bring Small Farms and Local Schools Together: This manual was developed for groups interested in starting a farm-to-school project. Drawing on USDA's experiences in North Carolina and Virginia, the manual outlines activities to plan, conduct and publicize a professional town hall meeting that encourages collaboration between small farmers and local school food officials.
- USDA Farm to School: Resources include food safety, procurement, school gardens
- USDA Farm to School Fact Sheets
- World Hunger Year / Food Security Learning Center: Farm to Cafeteria
NH Farm to School is an initiative of:
Click here to learn more about the Sustainability Institute.
Recent Tweets Connect with Us