School Garden Curriculum Resources
Organizations, Networks & Associations:
- NH School and Youth Garden Network
- Ag in the Classroom - Curriculum and activity search
- The Cornucopia Project - A non-profit organization serving the Monadnock region of southern New Hampshire, based in Peterborough, NH. The project establishes organic gardens and garden curricula in local schools, and offers after-school and summer programs at their own garden.
- Delta Garden Study - The largest school garden research study in the nation looking at reducing obesity, decreasing risk behaviors and support farm to school.
- Dig In! Standards-Based Nutrition Education from the Ground Up - USDA resource for students to explore a world of possibilities in the garden and on your plate using 10 lessons for 5th and 6th graders in growing, harvesting, tasting and learning about fruits and vegetables.
- Edible Schoolyard - A one-acre garden and kitchen classroom at a middle school in Berkeley, California (a program of the Chez Panisse Foundation).
- Evergreen - A Canadian non-profit organization that provides resources for school greening projects.
- Food Corps - members provide nutrition education, school gardens, healthy food in the cafeteria
- Vermont Community Garden Network - aim to support and grow the state’s vibrant network of community and school gardens. This mission is achieved by growing gardens, gardeners, and garden leaders.
- The Collective School Garden Network - A comprehensive guidebook for planning, developing and maintaining school gardens.
- National Gardening Association Resources for teachers and parents including classroom activities, grant opportunities, and gardening guides.
- Life Lab - Life Lab cultivates children's love of learning, healthy food, and nature through garden-based education.
- The Maine School Garden Network - Maine's network to promote and support educational gardens for youth
- National School Garden Network - a forum for all school garden practitioners
- OUT Teach - Learning gardens that grow successful students
- Wisconsin School Garden Initiative
- Luther College: Growing a school garden
- NH School Garden Case Studies
- Planning What to Plant in Your School Garden
- School Garden Food Safety Guidelines
- School Garden Sustainability Plan Template
- School Garden Weekly - A master gardener's blog about instructional activities for school gardens.
- School Garden Wizard - A school garden planning tool with downloadable guides for planning, creating and funding K-12 school gardens.
- Slow Food USA National School Garden Program
Curriculum by Grade Level:
NH Farm to School is an initiative of:
Click here to learn more about the Sustainability Institute.
NH Farm to School | Sustainability Institute at the University of New Hampshire | 107 Nesmith Hall | 131 Main Street | Durham, NH 03824 | 603-862-2542